“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please”
• King Phumiphon was born 5th December 1927. December 5 is an annual national holiday accordingly.
• The minimum daily wage in Bangkok is 191 baht.
• Thailand is about 1,000 km (620 miles) to the south of the Tropic Cancer.
• The number of speakers of Isan language (a derivative of Lao language) in Northeast Thailand is estimated to be between 15 million and 23 million.
• The population of Laos is 6,217,141.
(CIA World Fact Book, 2006 est.)
• The word for food and the word for rice in Thai language is the same: kao.
• 49% of Thailand’s workforce is engaged in agriculture.
(CIA World Factbook)
• The price of shares of PTT (Thailand’s largest company by market capitalization) has risen by 75% since December 31, 2006.
• Thailand shares an 803 km border with Cambodia.
• The inflation rate for Thailand for November 2007 year-on-year was 3%.
• Don Muang Bangkok Airport, which closed September 27, 2006 was the 18th busiest airport in terms of passenger traffic. It was 92 years old.